Good evening, Eagles family.
Registration for the 2023 – 2024 wrestling season will open on Monday, October 16th at 8PM. The registration process will once again be run through the Sports Engine application. The registration can be launched from our website: https://www.maineeagleswc.com/home.
The cost of season will be $150 for one wrestler (does not include the USAW fee). For families with more than one wrestler, the additional cost will be $75 per wrestler (does not include the USAW fee). For more than 3 wrestlers in a family, please email me for details. All wrestlers will receive a shirt/short combination with their registration fees.
Steps to register:
- Set-up or login to USA Wrestling (link on our site). You will need to have registered your wrestler(s) at USAW prior to starting registration. Please copy your wrestler’s USAW ID – it will be required to register. Additionally, make certain you associate your wrestler(s) with the Maine Eagles WC within the USAW portal. A USA wrestling card ($55) is mandatory. Wrestlers will not be allowed to practice without one. Please note - that once a card has been purchased through USAW, the fee is not refundable from Maine Eagles WC.
- Parents will need to set-up or log into the Sports Engine account. There will be convenience fees charged for using a credit card
- There is an option to pay by check at the end of registration. If you choose this option, fees are due the first week of the season
- If your wrestler is new to wrestling, a birth certificate is required. Please email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or hand deliver the birth certificate during the first week of practice
Fees should never be a roadblock to wrestling. If there is any kind of assistance necessary, please let us know.
New for this year:
- We will require all wrestlers that plan on participating in tournaments purchase a singlet. The costs of the singlets will be discounted to $35 from the original purchase price of $75. There will be a link provided on the website to purchase in the coming weeks. As our old singlets are nearing the end of their usefulness, there will be limited options to borrow one for the year
Details on the season:
- All practices will be held at Maine South HS
- Below is the tentative practice schedule:
- Competition (Experienced) Team: Ages 7-14; Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday (7:00 - 8:30)
- Community (New/Less Experienced) Team: Ages 7-14 Tuesday & Thursday (6:00 - 7:00)
- 6 & Under: Mondays (6 - 7) – If we can find coaches, we may offer another day
- Though there is no requirement, wrestlers are encouraged to attend as many practices as possible. We may modify practice times and schedules should it be necessary.
- Tournament participation is not mandatory. Unfortunately, no tournaments are covered in this year’s tuition. If your wrestler(s) plans to attend tournaments, the tournament fee is typically $25 to $35 per tournament/wrestler
- The season is expected to start the week of 11/13
- Registration will close on 11/20
I am sure there will be a few questions, please do not hesitate to ask away.
We are looking forward to seeing everyone and getting back on the mat!